Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Warmup Thermostat Error in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Milo_Pod

Hi all,

First post, hope someone can provide some info :)

I moved into my current house 18 months ago, bathroom has tiled floor with a warmup thermostat controlled underfloor heating. Just recently the termostat started showing HI all the time which I think from browsing the net means the heat sensor is broken???

I was wondering whether:

• Is this fixable without needing to rip the floor / tiles up.
  • Will it be an expensive job?
Greatful for any responses

Cheers :8:

G

Gazzer

If it was installed correctly the probe for the thermostat will have been placed under the floor inside a conduit tube. This means that it should be a simple job of puling the the probes wires out from the thermostat control box and replacing with a new one.

J

jimbob

If they didn't install the probe inside a conduit, it is possible they installed a second probe as a backup, so check for any "unused" wires coming from beneath the floor...

M

Milo_Pod

Thanks for the quick responses Sir Ramic / Jimbob...

The thermostat is mounted a wall and looks as if all wires etc go down a conduit in the wall... so to fix it I'll need to:

• Turn off power at fusebox.
  • Remove / loosen thermostat from wall.
  • Remove sensor wires.
  • Put in new sensor wiress which are of same type to current ones.
One further question... presumably the senor wiress will be quite long / go under the bathroom floor... in which case if I pull out the old wires and put in news ones how do I push the new wires down the conduit to where they need to be? I realise I may have just asked a very daft question, apols if so!

Thanks again.

T

Time's Ran Out

Was there a guarantee/instruction manual left with the householders package when you moved in?
They would normally be a plan siting the sensor position in the floor.
You may be lucky that the sensor is directly in front of the thermostat and it will pull out.
However on some conduit the inside of the tube is ribbed and this makes insertion and removal difficult if it is not straight.
You may find it possible to remove skirting or bottom tile to see where the sensor wire goes under the floor.
Good luck!

M

Milo_Pod

Alas no guarantee etc although I do have an instruction booklet for the thermostat... I'm gonna try taking the thermostat off the wall to have a look tomorrow and then see about removing the sensor etc... thanks for the info / pointers everyone!

Reply to Warmup Thermostat Error in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks