Currently reading:
Tiling tips.

Discuss Tiling tips. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Terry the tiler

Thought we did this a few weeks ago.... mine was .....always clean your buckets out as they are gold dust in our industry unless you keep buying them like a der der.

I always have a bucket of water which I clean my drill in after each mix or tools at the end of the day.
If I'm using pre mix I.e white star, as soon as I finish the adhesive I transfer the water give a good scrub then keep bucket as its like brand saves a fortune.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Thought we did this a few weeks ago.... mine was .....always clean your buckets out as they are gold dust in our industry unless you keep buying them like a der der.

I will second that by saying use only ONE bucket for white grout! Nothing worse than white grout with speckles of grey, black, jasmine, adhesive contamination through it. Can turn the best tiling job in the world to the worst...

Reply to Tiling tips. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have done with finding before attempting to tile their kitchen walls or floor. Hi. Hope you can help me...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement