Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilersforums.co.uk Jotm Competition Is Back!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a labour intensive task and always had to have a member of the staff dedicated to it. Which takes their time away from members, and can actually become boring and start to be a bit of a chore.

We've now found a way to make it automated.

Albums

Once we reach the 1st of the month you'll be able to add media to this new category in the media area. 20 pictures per job. Submissions take place for 28 days. Then voting takes place for 28 days thereafter, so into about the 3rd week in the following month.

Winners get a JOTM badge as usual. And a thread gets created in the same forum they used to be created in.

So Job Of The Month Forum for discussion about each months JOTM entries, and Job Of The Month (JOTM) Competition Winners for the winner announcements.

Go check those out if you want to see the quality of work submitted. Some awesome stuff. But don't let that put you off entering just a splashback, because some of those did win too!

So the first new one start accepting submissions on the 1st of July.

You're allowed one entry per month. Pick the best work you did during the month.

Just due to the time constraints of the system, we will allow the previous month to be included in some sense. Because if you've only managed to take a picture of the job you completed in say January on the 30th, you wouldn't have been able to include it in the January competition. But clearly if you use that in your February submission, then you can't use another again in the Feb one.

Fingers crossed I've setup the system correctly and it all kicks in on the 1st! :)

Winners get a badge, and a pat on the back off themselves. This is more of a vote of confidence by your fellow tilers. But if we do manage to bag some goodies the odd month, we'll include those too and thankfully receive them.

Your media that has won the JOTM will then get marked in the Media area with a nice ribbon over the corner of the images stating "JOTM" to show others it is a winning job.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath I think I've found a problem.
I think it's only going to allow 1 image per entry. And I've set it to 20 images. So it's going to think there are 20 entries per member. Rather than grouping them all up into one entry.

Trying to find a work around. I have a couple of days to tweak it! Ahhhhhhh! haha

Bets are on.

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty

How about each entrant posts a quick description and the one photo with a link to a thread relating to their entry? Would that work?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If needs be yeah. Can add the whole job to a new album just like you would normally then at the start of the competition just add the one image from the album to the competition album.

I just wouldn't want to make it too complicated. We can always help the likes of Phil and whatnot lol

Last edited:

Reply to Tilersforums.co.uk Jotm Competition Is Back!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks