Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilemaster Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unused Account 1

You guys who use tilemaster ,whats the grout like mainly just grey or white flexi ,appreciatte your appreciatte your input cheers

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I only use the grout 3000. Really nice grout, can be a little while firming up in the joint but cleans easy for a flexi. The standard white wall I used to find would shrink a bit in the joint so I'd end up going over it twice. I don't bother with the standard grouts anymore, for the way it performs, ease of use and range of colours I just stick with grout 3000.

H

hmtiling

Needs leaving a bit like Mapei but doesn't then turn in a flash like Mapei
I only use the grout 3000. Really nice grout, can be a little while firming up in the joint but cleans easy for a flexi. The standard white wall I used to find would shrink a bit in the joint so I'd end up going over it twice. I don't bother with the standard grouts anymore, for the way it performs, ease of use and range of colours I just stick with grout 3000.
Yep, gotta be left a while with porc. But, unlike Mapei, doesn't then turn to iron in a flash

F

Flintstone

Really versatile grout which is easy to use, leaves a nice finish, the grey doesn't suffer from any discolouring, and matching silicone to go with every colour.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

personally I think you need to go a long way to match the Ardex grouts for useability and colour choice.
Ardex is one of the best grouts I've used......quality gear......I don't think anything really matches up......the fl & fs are just great

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Ardex is one of the best grouts I've used......quality gear......I don't think anything really matches up......the fl & fs are just great
Been using ultra for the tiling contractor I'm working for now and that's really easy to work with, probably the easiest to apply and wash off I've actually ever one across

Reaction score
You guys who use tilemaster ,whats the grout like mainly just grey or white flexi ,appreciatte your appreciatte your input cheers
I find both grouts easy to use, only problem I find is when grouting rectified porcelains it dries fast on the face of the tile, but stays to wet in joints,
I spoke to technical dept & they say knock it up as stiff as possible. Easier said than done without a paddle.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I find both grouts easy to use, only problem I find is when grouting rectified porcelains it dries fast on the face of the tile, but stays to wet in joints,
I spoke to technical dept & they say knock it up as stiff as possible. Easier said than done without a paddle.
The fl is rapid setting , that's what I use for porcs & find it ok, you get that issue with the fs but I just use it for ceramics.....

F

Flintstone

Use a bit of the flexmaster additive, helps bond to the porcelain and dries in 10 mins.

Reply to Tilemaster Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks