Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tile shop in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi All

Im looking into setting up my own tile shop but am having trouble finding suppliers,have phoned a few, ctd and waxmans naming a couple and the suppliers of the tile shop i use which is out of town. the tile shop i use will supply me at roughly half price but want to be sole suppliers.

im just after names of suppliers if anybody knows any.

i want decent tiles as i'll be up against Topps in my town.
Will also be doing wood flooring and maybe bathrooms.
I know of johnsons but at the moment just cant think of any.

any help will be very appreciated

mark

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact all the tile manufacturers and ask them for their distributors, then call them all and see what price lists you end up with etc.

Go visit all the tile shows as you can often find importers that are trying to get in the big shops and fail, will be happy to deal with the independents.

Reaction score
thanks for the ideas

been trying to find suppliers but not much luck, found a load on the internet but most turned out to be shops and although they was miles away from us they wouldnt tell us where they get their tiles from.

365drills have been great and waxmans are getting back to us as are ctd.
looking at a few properties soon and will be calling warm up and tile rite tomorrow to see what they can do.
adhesive suppliers are after that.
would just like a few tile suppliers to get more info and prices. i dont mind spending 3 months researching it all to get it right.

many thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tile shops wont tell you their suppliers. You'll need to ask the tile manufacturers who their distributors are. They'll give you the information quite easily.

Once you have the range names and whatnot, you can then find competitor tile suppliers to see if the prices are worth it for you. You'll find a lot of it is based on the qty you buy so consider that too.

Hats off to you for considering it. It's not a trade I'd like to be in though to be honest. It's quite competitive these days, at least online.

D

Discount Tile Supplies

thanks for the ideas

been trying to find suppliers but not much luck, found a load on the internet but most turned out to be shops and although they was miles away from us they wouldnt tell us where they get their tiles from.

365drills have been great and waxmans are getting back to us as are ctd.
looking at a few properties soon and will be calling warm up and tile rite tomorrow to see what they can do.
adhesive suppliers are after that.
would just like a few tile suppliers to get more info and prices. i dont mind spending 3 months researching it all to get it right.

many thanks
Hi

Give me a buz, tell me what your looking to do and i will give you some help and advise.

Edd

Reaction score
sorry Edd
i havent been on here a while and i will call you.
ive been working 7 days a week and worked the bank holiday weekend so just been concentrating on my day job but i have a friend thats putting in some money to the business and i can get her to call you tomorrow if thats ok.

many thanks

N

Nathanael

Hi friends.
Here is different type of tile shops where you can get good and fine tiles for your home and your shop and you can also get these tiles from internet.

Reaction score
Hi all

Would like to thank Edd for taking the time to speak to Katie and passing on some great advice, sorry i havent thanked you sooner but my laptop charger broke and ive just had it soldered 5mins ago.

Quick update,
Ive had Waxmans rep round tonight and was very good, happy with the offers, free display boards, free amount of tiles to tile a wall to a certain area.
Spoke to Colchester tiles rep and they will kit out the shop for free aswell.
365 drills have offered us a great package
a few other suppliers are interested aswell.
my father is retired and has offered to work in the shop for free until we are established as we will still be doing the day jobs, i'll give him as much info as i can about adhesive,grout etc substrates and underfloor heating and ditra etc plus i'll leave him loads of paperwork to read and im only a phone call away. the wife only works 2 days a week so will have time for the shop plus she has run shops(not tile) in the past so knows how they run and customer service is second to none in our eyes plus quality tiles of course.

Need to find some property now and speak to government about any business grants etc and then the bank.

Really looking forward to getting it up and running and putting the time into it.

many thanks for all the comments

T

Time's Ran Out

Not wishing to put a damper on things but unless you have someone capable of giving the correct advice you could find things difficult.

Reply to tile shop in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks