Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Over Existing Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

can't say I've ever been a big fan of tiling over existing tiles but if the customer needed a small downstairs toilet floor or something similar and were on a budget, then as long as current tiles we're firmly fixed and sound with no underling issues, then I've always agreed to do it using a flexible cement based adhesive or similar depending wether concrete or ply base, and tbh I've never had a come back although to be fair it's very few I've tiled this way. I'm a firm believer in "out with the old, inn with the new"

Here's where it gets tricky! Mapei themselves have been out, surveyed a job and told one of my customers that it would be fine to tile over existing using there adhesive.

I'm no technical adhesive expert or mathmatician, but I'm very aware that adhesive companies like to swerve from a guarantee on there adhesives.

So if Mapei have said it's ok using there products and I'm agreeing to do job to that spec, then where do I stand "if" any tiles ever pop up Due to no fault in installation?

Bearing in mind this is a 400m floor.

Do I need a Mapei rep to overlook the job for me?

As always, any help appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have help?

A few lads have requested experience on the forum lately. Perhaps worth getting some free help in to get it down quick.
Yes Dan,
Myself and another tiler, both experienced, and 2 tilers labourers.

Team of 4, have it tiled in a jiffy M8.

Just more conserned about covering my own back. Maby I'll draft a contract outlining potential issues and if there still happy with spec then sign your life away :)

11794037_10152852958530194_809990616_o.jpg 11794037_10152852958530194_809990616_o.jpg 11840346_10152863059980194_1315785273_o.jpg 11865252_10152875691570194_1257312735_o.jpg 11875639_10152878071005194_1754047891_o.jpg

completed, no problems and no snag's (that's a first lol)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Looks smart.

Get them in a new album on their own, name the album "Car Showroom Tiling in Warrington". Post as many pictures as you have. And give the album a good description also saying "Car Showroom Tiler / Tiling in Warrington" and stick your contact details in the description too. - You might get a bit of business from that album then if somebody is looking for a tiler that does that around there.

Reply to Tile Over Existing Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement