Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma 3e3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

Back onto the job today & someone has moved my cutter, went to use it & the handle doesn't glide like it normally does, was sticking when I pushed or pulled it.
Sprayed it with silicone spray, it's improved but still not the same, not sure if it's been damaged in any way.
Not a happy camper.
Inside the handle looks like this.
Anyone any ideas.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

L

LM

Back onto the job today & someone has moved my cutter, went to use it & the handle doesn't glide like it normally does, was sticking when I pushed or pulled it.
Sprayed it with silicone spray, it's improved but still not the same, not sure if it's been damaged in any way.
Not a happy camper.
Inside the handle looks like this.
Anyone any ideas.

View attachment 82414 View attachment 82417 View attachment 82418
Stef two things to check, there's a nut and bolt on the handle above where the handle glides over the bar, if it's tightens too much it clamps the handle on the rail and stops a clean glide, another problem I find is a build up of addy dust inside the handle sides and if you pop the handle off and give it a once over with a thin wire brush this removes it. It's hard to see in your picks but it looks like there might be a bit of residue inside the handle

I

Italy

Stef two things to check, there's a nut and bolt on the handle above where the handle glides over the bar, if it's tightens too much it clamps the handle on the rail and stops a clean glide, another problem I find is a build up of addy dust inside the handle sides and if you pop the handle off and give it a once over with a thin wire brush this removes it. It's hard to see in your picks but it looks like there might be a bit of residue inside the handle
is silicone spray.
absorb dirt.
wd 40 is better

L

LM

Sorry just realised its a max handle so no nut there, must be dust build up inside the handle, I don't like to oil this area I think it clogs up too much, I feel it's better to wire brush it

I

Italy

Sorry just realised its a max handle so no nut there, must be dust build up inside the handle, I don't like to oil this area I think it clogs up too much, I feel it's better to wire brush it
yes, before cleaning.
then wd40.
silicone spray. retain all the dust.
i tried silicone spray. but all kneaded

S

Stef

I gave the handle a clean today & cleaned the bar.
The nut & bolt on the handle are quite slack but it feels as though the handles too tight on the bar.
I was convinced that the boys had bent the bar but there is no way that you could bend the bar on the cutter.
Will give the handle a thorough clean & try again on Monday.

L

LM

The reason I was saying about the nut and bolt was mine fell out on a pull handle during the week and when I put it back on I over tightened it slightly causing the same problem, is there a chance someone may have over tightened the nut holding the glide wheel on the underside at the front?

S

Stef

I always use silicone spray & give my cutters a good clean, they normally always run like new but not sure what's happened today.

image.jpeg

L

LM

yes, before cleaning.
then wd40.
silicone spray. retain all the dust.
i tried silicone spray. but all kneaded
Antonio do you wd40 your rails for normal operation? Forgive me if I misunderstand you, I much prefer to keep my handles and rails dry, wire wool and a wire brush.

L

LM

At the end of each day I wire wool the rail, take the handle off, give it a quick wire brush inside and pull an appropriately folded face cloth through, the hole procedure takes no more than two minutes

I

Italy

1 time every 10/15 days.
I clean with a cloth.
wd40 and dry it with a cloth.
as a user manual montolit ahaahah

I

Italy

At the end of each day I wire wool the rail, take the handle off, give it a quick wire brush inside and pull an appropriately folded face cloth through, the hole procedure takes no more than two minutes
I never removed the handle

Reply to Sigma 3e3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks