Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss paintable dpm in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a liquid dpm to tile onto ?(will be tiling over with reclaimed quarrys).The floor is concrete,in good condition(ive no clue how old it is)But when there has been a lot of rain a condensation appears on the surface.Customer says it doesnt gather water but enough to get your socks damp if you walk on it.Part of the floor is slightly below ground level but he is in the process of digging drainage outside this area.I can only assume there is no dpm in the existing floor so am looking for the right system to apply before tiling :smilewinkgrin:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpg Used this a couple of times.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Merlin barrier coat from Mersin coatings ltd.

be wary though as liquid Dpms are not designed for rising damp and this sounds like it needs more serious consideration. The hydrostatic pressure could push the Dpm off the concrete surface if you're not careful..... Tanking may be a better solution using a basement style tanking system.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ardex DPM1C is suitable for floors with rising damp. Can level first with Ardex NA if needed as it's suitable for use under a dpm

Reply to paintable dpm in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks