Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Leveller From TileMaster Flexilevel in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Just arrived [MENTION=3352]tile[/MENTION]town is the new leveller from TileMaster Adhesives, Flexilevel

FlexiLevelA5.jpg

FLEXILEVEL is a free flowing, fibre reinforced, shrinkage compensated, cement based self-levelling compound designed for smoothing and levelling sub-floors prior to the installation of floor coverings. Suitable for application to a large variety of substrates, including; sand/cement screeds, concrete, plywood overlay, chipboard overlay, timber boards, underfloor heating systems, flooring grade asphalt/bitumen, existing tiles and anhydrite screeds. This can be applied from depths of 2 – 50 mm in one application is suitable for timber substrates when a minimum of 4 mm is applied.
Available in single bags or 40 Bag Pallets.

[DLMURL="http://www.tiletown.co.uk/published/39/resources/documents/FlexiLevel%20Data%20Sheet.pdf"]Flexilevel technical data sheet[/DLMURL]

FlexiLevelA5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
it is a cheaper alternative to Levelflex. Flexilevel is a 25kg bag. The base formula is very similar and it performs similar to Levelflex, TM have just reduced a couple of ingredients to make the product more competitively priced. Levelflex has been a wonderful product for Tilemaster, a great success, however, TM also recognise that they lose out against a couple of other brands when it comes down to price, particularly on large projects. Levelflex will continue as normal, TM now have another option in FlexiLevel.

D

Dougs Third Go

it is a cheaper alternative to Levelflex. Flexilevel is a 25kg bag. The base formula is very similar and it performs similar to Levelflex, TM have just reduced a couple of ingredients to make the product more competitively priced. Levelflex has been a wonderful product for Tilemaster, a great success, however, TM also recognise that they lose out against a couple of other brands when it comes down to price, particularly on large projects. Levelflex will continue as normal, TM now have another option in FlexiLevel.

that's just answered the question I was gonna ask Lee ;)

M

Mr Tiler

sorry to run off topic guys, I was just wondering if you can use standard spf or 2pf as a slc? cheers

M

Mr Tiler

I was just wondering if it was useable as an slc im not instigating don't worry lol

Reaction score

What have they removed to make it cheaper?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
So it's an inferior product to levelflex? Who are they trying to compete with? Wickes? If so, I know of a lot of fails with the wickes compound, and although, I don't know the reasons for the fails, wouldn't touch it... I'd rather pay a little more, and know it was sound.

Reaction score
No, Its not that inferior!

The way i look at this is this.

Levelflex is a rolls royce, meaning its far to good and it out performs against most other levellers. however, it could be a BMW......so thats where Flexilevel is.

I would say it will give the other 25kg bags on the market, the french one in particular a good run of for the money.

T

TJ Smiler

No, Its not that inferior!

The way i look at this is this.

Levelflex is a rolls royce, meaning its far to good and it out performs against most other levellers. however, it could be a BMW......so thats where Flexilevel is.
A bit similar to the way we look at Green star, Blue Star and White Star i suppose?

Only thing is, it does sound good and does all things Levelflex can do but with less ingredients..... not sure i'm completely comfortable with that. I'll give it a go though on a downstairs utility or something if it's a good price. Just need to find a stockist down here now!

Cheers mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Forum Members - I can assure you that there is absolutely no reason to have concerns when using FlexiLevel. The FlexiLevel performs very well, more than a match for the other 25kg fibre levellers in the market. We would not produce a product that we are not 100% confident in.

Levelflex is 20kg bags, customers have told us that we lose business on occasions when fixers are purchasing several bags of fibre leveller, they are drawn to the 25kg alternative product because of the extra 5kg in the bag. FlexiLevel has been added to our range so that we can also offer a 25kg to the trade.

Yes the of formulation of FlexiLevel is slightly different to Levelflex, we are talking very small differences here. Please compare FlexiLevel to the other fibre levellers in the market, test the difference and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I expect a large proportion of our customers to continue with Levelflex and that is absolutely fine. There are a number of existing accounts and new prospects however who have been used to buying 25kg levellers from other brands and we need to able to give them a direct alternative.

Best Regards
Mark

Reaction score
We have used the competitors (begining with a W) on many projects two or three pallets at a time and it has been great, BUT we recently trialed the Tilemaster one and it was more than comparable.

We look forward to trying it on our next showroom! :thumbsup:

Reply to New Leveller From TileMaster Flexilevel in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks