Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Me and the wife would like the Mapei Anthracite grout to go with the grey Quartz we're going to buy, question is - which one is best, Ultracolor Plus or Keracolor.

We are having the tiles fitted by a tiler but we will be supplying the tiles and grout - more because he doesn't usually use Mapei. The reason we want that is it's the nicest/closest matching colour to the tiles.

Thanks in advance.

E

ExplodingPudding

From a quick look at the specification side, I would personally go with the Ultra as the mould resistance is a great addition to it.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hate Mapei grouts ...very unforgiving... Always problem with colour variations after washing .. Even carefully .. Especially the darker the grouts....
I would go with the tilemaster brand...
( only a personal opinion )..

H

hmtiling

Mapei ucp anthracite is pretty much black. Loads of dye in it and if your tiler isn't used to it he may have trouble. If Mapei is washed if too soon the joints won't be as full as they should be.
If there is a grout 3000 colour you're happy with go with that.

F

Flintstone

Tile master for me, I always use it and it's by far the easiest grout to use, most versatile, and importantly it always dries right and not patchy. A lot of greys and dark shades can dry patchy from other brands. Tile master charcoal is pretty dark.

Reply to Grout Question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen