Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Going mad?? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DN1986

Think I'm going mad but what would people be pricing in the current market for a small bathroom consisting of 12m2 walls and a 4m2 small floor area. Floor doesn't appear to need work and currently has laminate down.

Nothing flash with tiles, standard ceramic 300x300 including removal of old tiles.

D

DN1986

Morning all. I quoted (on the basis walls and floors were sound after removal) £275! The customer said it was a tad expensive.

I only quoted that low cos I'd be doing work on a weekend. Unbelievable.

Anyone else quote care to share a price. I was shocked as I knew it would be way lower than it should be.

Reaction score
hi,£275 is a very very keen price,in fact its so cheap that if you dont get the job just think NEVER MIND.Ive LOST NEXT TO NOWT.
work is hard to come by at the moment & sometimes you have to go in cheaper than you know is fair ,but if you do that & they still are not happy then sod em m8

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Far too cheap.

As mentioned........day rate for removal, and you have to assume that the walls will need prep work, and tell the customer this.

Floor overboard...........and tiled
Walls tiled after prep

S

steve187

£275 is way too cheap, for the fix alone, as stated removal needs to daywork, and then a per metre price for the fix. but needs to be more than the price you have quoted

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I'd walk away if they weren't happy with that price. Without seeing the job it's impossible to give an accurate price but I reckon I'd be double that!

Reply to Going mad?? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks