Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between last tile and ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

There would have to be a lot of movement for the caulk to crack, it’s flexible filler for Decorators.

I personally grout to the ceiling, although there is a possibility of it cracking it would in most cases be hairline and not really visible. So personally i'd rather have a hairline crack then shiny silicone staring at me

D

doug boardley

Hello FreeD.

I dont leave any gap at the ceiling unless I cut them short!
With the shape that we are left with ceilings by plasterers these days I always find it a required practise to cut as accurately as possible to follow the ceiling line.
I would grout to the ceiling with the same colour as the rest of the walls and as silicone does not paint over I would only recommend decorators caulk - if indeed I thought it was part of my job as a Tiler.
Have fun:thumbsup:
John.
as most joists these days are what I call "forced" ie not seasoned and therefore subject to shrinkage and warpage, I find it prudent to keep my tiles away from the stresses involved, imho:thumbsup:

B

Big-Smudge

Use either 6mm or 8mm cornertape with whatever you like - caulk - silicone - polymer

It will look spot on, hehe.

Cheers

Andy

Reply to Gap between last tile and ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen