Discuss Do my wall tiles have water ingress? (Photos) in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have started to notice a wet pattern look on my Porcelanosa Marmol Carrara Blanco bathroom wall tiles. I have looked at unfitted tiles and I do not believe the grey ‘wet’ looking patches to be a part of the design. Quite a lot of tiles display this pattern but not all. Also they are scattered all around and not necessarily just in the shower area. The tiles were professionally fitted and I am not sure if I am seeing things or this is a cause for concern, but I am nonetheless extremely worried and would appreciate your input.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0119.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    665.8 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Yes you most certainly have water ingress can see places in the grout and silicone where it looks to have come away from the tile, it looks like the tiles may be loose

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Delaminated Tiles ::: Tap,them and they will almost certainly give a hollow sound !!
May be able to rake out grout , inject something like “Fix a Floor” and re - grout ….but generally …,Tiles off and Re-Tile
GW.

Reply to Do my wall tiles have water ingress? (Photos) in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks