Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Battipav Queen 180 soaking issues! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stepneysteve

Happy New Year guys!! Hope you've all recovered!! Just need some advice from anyone who's using a Battipav Queen 180 wet cutter!... bought mine 2nd hand and used it on a few jobs now, and I'm really pleased with how it works and performance, however not sure if it's just my one or it's a trait with the Battipav.... I have had to purchase a water drip tray to place the cutter in, as the water is used up very quickly, keeps the blade nice and cool but just soaks everything underneath the cutter, hence the need for a drip tray?? Use to use a basic Vitrex wet cutter and never had these issues but Battipav cuts so much nicer! Any hints or tips ...or do I just suffer topping it up more than I did with the old vitrex, and then wiping it down properly after use!!!! Bit of a nuisance but do like the machine!! Hope you all have a prosperous 2017 gents!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah most wet cutters that spin quickly will get you the floor, the walls, the cutter and the tiles soaking.

Use a painters paint roller tray instead of the standard one and you can tip water in it easier without needing to faff about with the tray. I used to always wet cut need a garden hose when there was one. Quicker to keep running there with the tiles than running around the house with a bucket of water every half hour.

O

One Day

It's normally the case with these designs (sigma included!) that if you've too much water in the tray, it'll just spin up everywhere.
What you need is just enough to cover about 5mm of the blade edge.

S

Stepneysteve

It's normally the case with these designs (sigma included!) that if you've too much water in the tray, it'll just spin up everywhere.
What you need is just enough to cover about 5mm of the blade edge.
Morning Impish!!...Thanks for the reply, Ive tried everything your advice included, but the Battipav just seems to get rid off the water in the trough as though it has a plug removed!!!.....Just wasnt sure if this is normal for the Battipav?.......Even with this inconvenience, im impressed with its abilities and will persevere....or buy a wet suit!!

Reply to Battipav Queen 180 soaking issues! in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks