Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Basic adhesive technique and maintaining level tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tfs

Dry laying deffo makes sense to get an idea when setting out but,I agree with Diamond that it would be difficult to dry lay and then do cuts too before fixing. you couldnt get the tiles back to the same locations that you had them they would be atleast a few mm out which could look bad on some cuts.

I always mix a full bag at a time so if the bag says to use 2.5 llitres of water then I have my water bucket marked out for this and then pore into a mixing bucket.

fair enough though many peeps mix by eye but its not good practice these days in my opinion as there are so many varieties of adhesives and they all have different consitencies.

T

tfs

hes tried doing it by the book or do folk not read properly, obviously by the book is not the way to go in this situation. and anyone who says they always exactly do measuring to the nearest cls are talking utter nonesense. dry fixing the tiles is the only way to do jobs some times when you only have a single way in and out of a job(recent topic on this somewhere.) as said previous i would put my house on the fact i can dryfit a room then stick it down faster that mixing,cutting,mixing,cutting,mixing ,cutting etc etc. we are not talking 10,15,20,25m2 here we are talking 4m2!!!!!!!!!!! so wind your necks in and stop reading the tiling bible of excellense and use a bit of common sense.

:lol: I liked the tiling bible of excellense part there mate! :thumbsup:

Reaction score
hes tried doing it by the book or do folk not read properly, obviously by the book is not the way to go in this situation. and anyone who says they always exactly do measuring to the nearest cls are talking utter nonesense. dry fixing the tiles is the only way to do jobs some times when you only have a single way in and out of a job(recent topic on this somewhere.) as said previous i would put my house on the fact i can dryfit a room then stick it down faster that mixing,cutting,mixing,cutting,mixing ,cutting etc etc. we are not talking 10,15,20,25m2 here we are talking 4m2!!!!!!!!!!! so wind your necks in and stop reading the tiling bible of excellense and use a bit of common sense

DOUBLE UH OH!!:lol:

T

tfs

:lol: when you disagree you can either agree to disagree or just try and see the funny side of it all!

D

diamondtiling

hes tried doing it by the book or do folk not read properly, obviously by the book is not the way to go in this situation. and anyone who says they always exactly do measuring to the nearest cls are talking utter nonesense. dry fixing the tiles is the only way to do jobs some times when you only have a single way in and out of a job(recent topic on this somewhere.) as said previous i would put my house on the fact i can dryfit a room then stick it down faster that mixing,cutting,mixing,cutting,mixing ,cutting etc etc. we are not talking 10,15,20,25m2 here we are talking 4m2!!!!!!!!!!! so wind your necks in and stop reading the tiling bible of excellense and use a bit of common sense.

Sean do yourself a favour buddy and calm down, people fix tiles in different ways and still get good results. Rob's questions to you were perfectly valid, there is no need to tell people to wind their necks in, this is a friendly forum that welcomes all views but trying to dictate to people that its your way or the highway is not good.
Trust me on this one pal, I speak from experience.

:thumbsup:

S

Sean fsy

think you need to look at who started it and told me to get a grip first, only defending myself. im a very well respected tiler in my area with a very good reputation expanding into 3 decades. he asked for advice and i gave it.

J

jay

that's the problem// someone asked for advice on laying tiles/
and what did he receive advice in different ways to do it different glues different methods different styles he now has a choice and to make that choice he may ask further questions with which he will receive simple answers//// he doesn't expect a full blown argument /// i take it we are all adults on here !!!! if not GROW UP AND START ACTUING YOUR AGE NOT YOUR SHOE SIZE thanks for your time:8:

Reply to Basic adhesive technique and maintaining level tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks