Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Any reason not to buy a UFH kit off ebay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnywells

I found this forum just searching around the tinterweb so thought i would ask ppl who would know alot about under floor heating products.

I seens kit on ebay and wondered if it was any good?

Was looking at the 200w kits.

Any Advise would be most great

D

dagger

no, but....

would you not prefer that it came from a reputable company, at a great price and customer satisfaction is guarrenteed....

if the answer is yes..... goto UHEAT!!....

and i install a lot of underfloor heating systems!!!!!!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would only buy and have indeed bought quite a bit of stuff for myself off Ebay because I don't have to guarantee it to anyone else.

I don't think I would buy stuff that I was going to install in someone elses house as I would be concerned about warranties etc unless I know who the supplier was and I was sure they would back up any issues.

Reaction score
just had a look,cant see why not, someone needs to be there first customer
smiley3597.gif

C

Colour Republic

It seems he is importing these from India, I'm always a little wary of sellers that don't mention the brand, surely if it's a good brand it's selling point, right?

He doesn't mention the brand but by one of the small pictures you can see it's called Thermopad, I would check these guys out and find some reviews about the product and also bare in mind that if you come across any technical diffculties your first point of contact would be to India

There are some great prices to be had on ebay put to be honest this isn't that cheap, i'd spend an extra couple of quid and have the piece of mind that somebody in the uk will stand behind their product and help you out should you have any problems now or in the future:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Do you think it is spam? I couldn't be sure, I suppose if the poster dosen't stick around to see an answer, or if you find the same post on a hundred different sites then there is a very strong chance

J

jonnywells

Not a spammers market it ain't.....

Link removed..

Hay easy, all i was doing was asking a question to people who might know the answer!.

Im having a conservatory build and therefor looking into ways to keep it heated, didn't realize it was a crime to post a link on this forum to an ebay item i was asking about.:thumbsdown:

I was going to ask because the g/f isnt sure on having tiles in the conny what the pro's and cons are of using it under carpet.....i bet i will get a roasting now for asking about UFH and carpet on a tile forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If the mats are Thermopad they are made in India.

The information I have on them is that the Elektra Distributor in Finland was very interested in their products because the prices were very attractive. To assess them he sent some samples to an independant lab for testing. After the results, he still buys from Elektra because they were concerned about the reliablity of the products.

Reply to Any reason not to buy a UFH kit off ebay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks