Search the forum,

Discuss Cement tiles on walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

After sealing them hand polish them with a quality clear bees wax they will be easier to keep clean thereafter. I would re wax them every 6 months or so.

As they are going around as kitchen splash backs, which may include range cooker recess, I wouldn't go down the wax route. Topical surface polish if required.

H

hipposgobeserk

As they are going around as kitchen splash backs, which may include range cooker recess, I wouldn't go down the wax route. Topical surface polish if required.
It's just an electric hob, the built in cooker will be wall mounted elsewhere, if that makes a difference?

Reaction score
This tiles are generally intended to be laid rough. The tiles are likely to be hand made, with differing thickness and slight variations in size. Some designers suggest installation without any grout gaps. You can cut them with a good quality manual cutter, but the edges will be very rough, and may need grinding to become flat using either an angle grinder or a wet cut table cutter. A decent diamond blade is essential.

The surface will stain very easily if not sealed. Litho fin is an excellent sealer.

Reply to Cement tiles on walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen