Search the forum,

Discuss negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

I just read a post from guy wanting to shadow a tiler,and in return would offer free labour.I am fully aware initially he would be useless.but the reply he got was why would someone teach you the ropes and then have more competition for work.I'm pretty sure the guy didn't say he wanted to be self employed,he may of hoped for a job out of it.I just thought the comments where unhelpful.I mean everyone needs a leg up don't they.some people are loyal and honest,granted there are alot off tools around but still...I'm in a similar boat to him, I'm wanting to do as many hours with a tiler for free, as I can around a part time evening job.and i probably would do so for at least 3 months.and I most certainly do not want to be self employed. Have any of you guys took someone on and had a good experience.looking for a glimmer of hope here people.

M

Mr Tiler

as of Monday I am insured and self employed... I don't think I have to explain myself to anyone anymore but I don't even plan on lying to customers I was simply playing with that website builder andy put up... the words are his not mine of course I will put my own info in there I just didn't want to think it all up rite this minute so I edited his info to suite me. now that I have 13 months under me belt that is enough to gain a customers trust I think and once I am there tiling they will see I know the correct procedure and my work will have all my pride and heart in it.

D

Dougs Third Go

a bit naughty bringing Tilers Forum into it Ash'. A thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

R

rich83

Because I did a level 2 mickey mouse diploma,...sorry that was level 2 city & guilds diploma,I can call myself qualified.hilarious really.the thing I'd threat about is quoting.I don't have a clue:thumbsup:

M

Marksmithtiling

Mr T is that 13 months watching youtube tiling vids?? How many jobs have you done in that time?

Reply to negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen