Search the forum,

Discuss Help need a bit of feedback on which van to buy in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 5518

After having a nightmare with a Vauxhall Vivaro which let me down and cost me a small fortune, I'm looking for something reliable. I've narrowed it down to Citroen Dispatch 2 litre or a Fiat Scudo. (somewhere between a 2008/2010 reg)

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences of any of these. Just don't know which way to go. Need to purchase something in the next couple of days. Feedback much appreciated.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Boroughbridge plumbing and heating ( near you) run two scudo's. thay have spent a or tune on them. Everything that cn go wrong, has. Even replacing the clutch you have to remove all the front brake pipes.

Dont buy either. They are a pile of poo.

get a transit. They may not look good, but will serve you well amd parts are reasonable.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just about to get my new vivaro 2014, i will look after it the same as my renault traffic, which is FOR SALE if anyone is interested !, i hope it runs well .......
Just ordered mine today with vans direct too !!!Did you have finance on the van dave ? I couldnt get the price down to what you had yours for but Mark said it was because im buying it outright

O

One Day

I had an old but look-after peugeot partner with 180k on it. The old 1.9d non turbo.
The best vehicle I ever owned.
Now I have a Transit Connect lwb which is lovely but so much more complicated, although being Ford, hopefully pretty economical to maintain.

- - - Updated - - -

Just ordered mine today with vans direct too !!!Did you have finance on the van dave ? I couldnt get the price down to what you had yours for but Mark said it was because im buying it outright

Stupid world when you have to pay more for paying in full!?

L

lizzardtong

if i would going to buy another van i would consider running costs, road tax, fuel consumption, insurance, prices of parts and reliability. everything brakes down as its to complicated due to so called saving enviroment. if i woulnt care about above i woukd go for swb ducato 3.0

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a peugeot expert, great van, until the lad who works for me got hold of it, then blew up :(
I have a 09 vito, even better van.
Id steer clear of the fiat , never heard a good thing about scudos, ever

A

AETilingFloorin

Best van I ever owned was a small vauxhall combo, had a small fire in the cab - no problems, leaked oil but levels never went down, could take corners beautifully. Called it the 'stealth van' after we painted it matt black.

My advice get a transit never realy known much to go wrong from my experience and even if it does they are so common you will always find parts.

A

AETilingFloorin

I had a peugeot expert, great van, until the lad who works for me got hold of it, then blew up :(
I have a 09 vito, even better van.
Id steer clear of the fiat , never heard a good thing about scudos, ever

Fiat have loads of problems, I currently drive a ducato and it has all the common problems.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I need a new van...
sad-012.gif

Reply to Help need a bit of feedback on which van to buy in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen