Search the forum,

Discuss Wooden Mosaics! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi all,

Chap I know has asked me to look at a failed job, he has fitted mosaics to his bathroom but bizarrely he said the mosaics he chose were glass, stone and WOOD!! yes wood. He said wood has now swelled and grout cracked, no surprise, anybody fitted these before? I would have thought one of two things, either they are not for bathrooms or they need to be heavily sealed? :detective:

RR

Q

Qwerty

I can't believe such a product is even on the market, but from a local DIY shed....it doesn't surprise me!!!

S

Spare Tool

Product details

•The Homelux Mosaic Mixed Media - Calgary creates a more defined look for your home.
•Material: Mixed material.
•Dimensions: (W)29.5, (L)29.5cm.
•Tile thickness: 8mm.
•Colour: Calgary.
•Effect and finish: Mixed.
•Coverage: 0.087sq m.
•Usage: Use to surround a bath panel, create splash backs, zoned areas and feature walls.
•Type of adhesive required: Tile adhesive and grout.
•Quantity in pack: 1.

Does say what they should be used for on the spec...although it doesn't actually specify 'NOT FOR WET AREA'S' which perhaps it should

T

Time's Ran Out

Neither of the 2 comments on there site are favourable and the second by 'Grumpy Grouter' gives them 1 out of 5!
Wonder if it was our own GRUMPY GROUTER!

W

White Room

Remember a local supplier did wood wood borders for bathrooms, not sure how popular they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dave l and l

think b and q do the too. i refused to put these on a wetroom floor last year,

Reply to Wooden Mosaics! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen