Search the forum,

Discuss will slc bond to resin floor covering? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

The Weber will bond to it but i'm not sure if i would actualy be doing the job that way. How big is it, why dont you want to remove it etc?

To be fair though, those resin surfaces are completely waterproof and when there stuck there bloody stuck so i cant really see a problem going over it to be honest, my only concern would be if the cement in the adhesive would rot the resin over a period of time (which again i doubt)

Good question though, look forward to seeing some of the answers

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

After laying Ardex's DPM 1C, which is a resin DPM, you need to prime with Ardex P82 before applying cement based a adhesives. Maybe this something that would help?
Just guessing tho.
Tried to copy & paste link. Won't have it,sorry.

R

Russell brown

I did a barn conversion the other year and the customer didn't want to take the sloping floor up( about 2" over 4m) and it also didn't have a damp proof membrane. So we laid a resin one one top, we rang the technical people as to see what to use to level the bumps off and the suggested we make a cement and sir slurry up and coat the floor before laying the sly.
Russ

L

lizzardtong

Did get the answer from Larsen

Normally we would recommend removing existing paint coatings by mechanical means (shot blasting or grinding). However, if the coating is definitely epoxy and is frimly bonded, then carry out the following preparation.

1. Sand surface of existing coating.

2. Vacuum.

3. Apply one coat of Larpime EU (Universal Epoxy primer) and broadcast 0.6-1.2mm sand into the wet primer at a rate of apporx 2kg per sqm.

4. Allow primer to cure (preferably overnight)

5. Remove excess sand and ensure primed surface has a sandpaper finish with no bald spots. Apply SLC1550 as normal

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You could have a chat to Tremco technical. I think they do a leveller that will go on top of resin without all that sand faffing about stuff... Cant remember as its a long time since i spoke to them but I think it is called Uniscreed

L

lizzardtong

Im thinking of hiring floor grinder for a weekend and to gring off high spots and epoxy floor its about 150m2 so i should be able to do it in a day.

S

Sean SML Tiling

That should be fun matt. I'll get mark on it. Should take him 3 weeks sat on his arse

Reply to will slc bond to resin floor covering? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen