Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes 30x30 natural slate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

Anyone laid this stuff.the thickness range from 6mm -10mm..some bow! How can one lay these in a bathroom level and flat...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 75

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Grade them first......into different thicknesses. Try and lay uniformed thickness at least where loo & sink are to be fitted. Use thinner stuff at edges.

slate being slate, you/customer have to expect a few lips. They can be, if your careful, de-lipped with a scraper/chisel when laid and dry.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
tips in fixing ?

grade them thick to thin...lay accordingly...always back butter and if you end up with some serious lips you can always knock the edges off with a sharp chisel.

clean grout clean bearded_seal.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

beat me to it CJ !

Q

Qwerty

I must be odd as I love the challenge of slate fixing. Grade it, back butter, take your time and work clean and it can produce some pretty sweet results ;) ..... Looking forward to finished pics

Reply to Wickes 30x30 natural slate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen