Search the forum,

Discuss Why is my adhesive dry and crumbling in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gaz42x

-
Reaction score
I got 100 square metres of tiles laid 18months ago. after 7 months i noticed tiles starting to loosen. now approx 50% have loosened. i lifted a tile last week and the adhesive is dry and crumbling. No real adhesion to floor or tile. Tiles are laid on a concrete floor with no underfloor heating. Floor is there since 1971 and has been tiled twice with no problems. Floor was primed before tiling and tiler has about 40 years experience in residential and commercial tiling. Everything is pointing to a problem with the adhesive. adhesive used was weber. I now need to determine how to procede with this as i will have to rip out the whole bottom floor of the house with built in kitchen,utility,pantry,tv units, bookcases , bootrooms etc.. Estimate is between €15-€25k... has anyone have anything like this happen and if so how did you fare out ?????

Reply to Why is my adhesive dry and crumbling in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen