Search the forum,

Discuss Where to buy tools to st myself up in the business in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Blandford Dorset and looking to buy a load of tools to get started in tiling......looked at various places but some places seem to lack the basics even though they are a tiling supplier....Can anyone recommend somewhere(even online) that is a great place to start. Its looking like Rubi is a good make?

Many thanks.

S

Stef

As above.
Dave at Tradetiler was (is) a tiler & knows his stuff. Be hard pushed to find better online.

T

Time's Ran Out

Why does Blandford have it's own 'forum' ?
Dave at Tradetiler if you haven't got the message yet!

P

p4ulo

If you can't afford to go all out straight away, and the jobs aren't exactly piling up, you could always get yourself a "cheap" second hand unit from GUMTREE or EBAY, and treat yourself to hiring a nice cutter if a big job comes along? Then, once the dosh starts flowing, you can upgrade your kit. If you've got an INEXCESS nearby (one near me in Parkstone) sometimes the cheap bits like buckets, sponges, towels, hand tools are in there for peanuts.
Keep your receipts for any tools you buy, and make sure you enter them on your Tax Self-Assessment as your "setting up costs" so you don't pay tax on it all (if that makes sense!!)
Welcome to it, be prepared for a bad back (get yourself some top quality knee pads BEFORE you wreck yourself) and wear gloves for grouting or your fingers will all fall off!!
Good luck.

Reply to Where to buy tools to st myself up in the business in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen