Search the forum,

Discuss Where do I start :( builders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Okay, so I have been meeting with a Dr for a few weeks now regarding the 100m2 tiling job.

Tonight is the third meeting and tonight he was able to show me some progress regarding the larger rooms with walls removed and steels put into place etc...

He was also able to show me the builders tiling...I think we all know where this is going.

He has tiled the ceramic bathroom in a reasonable fashion...however I wasn't able to pull it apart as we were looking at the floor as it needs replaced...tiled on 9mm ply...

The other two bathrooms have been started and not finished and the windows have also not been attempted but the who lot needs replaced. They have been almost telling themselves that because he has been working so hard its ok but tonight I just had to tell them that it needs redone by a tiler. I felt so uncomfortable, I could see the realisations hitting them in slow motion.

His 100m2 of tiles land tomorrow and his sand cement screed looks very very sandy. I'll be calling around on Thursday to see where we can go with this...

another builder strikes again !!! How far do I go questioning the rest of this builders work...

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ive been on a job where the builder tanks walls and floors with a breathable roofing membrane that he embeds into the adehsive :yikes:.Funny enough i rejected his help when he wanted to tank the area i was to tile.
Oh ,and he also uses this method to tile to chipboard flooring.(Much less of a height issue than backerboard):lol:
When i explained about decoupling membranes his answer was......................................................................."never had any comebacks yet" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

White Room

Questioning his building work maybe a bridge to far...mind you the screed sounds like he could of over troweled it.

W

White Room

Cementuous however the customer told him it had to be bagged as he was going to use g★

That would of added some suspicion, maybe they should have got a tiler in earlier as they were telling him to use bagged gear.

Reply to Where do I start :( builders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen