Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I buy Hardibacker board 250 in the midlands? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DazJWood

I have been buying my Hardibacker board 250 from B&Q (and the 500 from Jewsons).

I now require four more sheets of the Hardibacker 250 (6mm x 1500 x 900) but my local B&Q does not stock them anymore and nor do any other local B&Qs.

I know Topps sell them but for some reason they sell them only in the size 6mm x 1200 x 800.

Does anyone know where else I can buy these from in the midlands area? I am Coventry based.

Thanks,

Daz

S

Steve H

Hi Daz,

At the risk of being wrong, this is my first attempt to help someone!

Hardiebacker comes in the 2 thicknesses, as you are aware. But the sizes of each are different. You can only get the 250, 6mm in 1500 x 900 and the 500m 12mm comes in 1200 x 800.

I have just completed my first paid job and used both in the bathroom.

Steve

S

Scott

Travis Perkins stock Hardi, but only some of them do the 6mm, my local only keeps the 12mm. Maybe worth giving them a ring?

D

DazJWood

Hi Daz,
At the risk of being wrong, this is my first attempt to help someone!
Hardiebacker comes in the 2 thicknesses, as you are aware. But the sizes of each are different. You can only get the 250, 6mm in 1500 x 900 and the 500m 12mm comes in 1200 x 800.
I have just completed my first paid job and used both in the bathroom.
Steve
Erm yeh sorry you are wrong lol
Their website certainly does list only the one size for the Hardibacker 250 (6mm x 1500 x 900), but Topps sell both 6mm and 12mm Hardibacker in 1200 x 800 sheets. I would guess that Topps uniquely sell this size for the 6mm as I have never seen it anywhere else.
It seems like a con to me, as when B&Q stocked them they were round about the same price as Topps, so it seems like Topps are selling people short. (Ironically the Topps and B&Q Warehouse in Coventry are near enough next door to each other so a few steps away you could of got much more board for your money.)
Scottley said:
Travis Perkins stock Hardi, but only some of them do the 6mm, my local only keeps the 12mm. Maybe worth giving them a ring?
Thanks for that!
I did actually ring them yesterday and managed to find the 6mm at their Hinckley branch. I thought these were trade only but they do sell to retail so have now got the sheets I wanted albeit at £17.30 a sheet!! I was paying £13.99 at B&Q (I think).
Thanks all,
Daz

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi Daz

I had a nosey around yesterday and could find it at 10.95 a sheet, but only if you ordered 10 sheets in one go.

if somebody else wants in on a bulk order, maybe you could split the number of sheets between you but both save, instead of having to pay top dollar.

another one of those mysteries as to why they don't just sell individual sheets at the cheaper price to start with :lol:

D

DazJWood

Hi Daz

I had a nosey around yesterday and could find it at 10.95 a sheet, but only if you ordered 10 sheets in one go.

if somebody else wants in on a bulk order, maybe you could split the number of sheets between you but both save, instead of having to pay top dollar.

another one of those mysteries as to why they don't just sell individual sheets at the cheaper price to start with :lol:

Yeh I've found it online for the same sort of price if you buy 10 sheets as well. It would benefit a tiler to buy in bulk of course but a mere diyer like myself wouldn't use that many up. Saying that, I've now bought 7 in total (for my floor and a masonry wall), but I'm done now (and have been with the last few lol).

Thanks all!

Daz

Reply to Where can I buy Hardibacker board 250 in the midlands? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen