Search the forum,

Discuss What cscs card do I need? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if Any1 can help me with what type of cscs card I need to work on site as a tiler.

I have a C&G level 1 diploma in wall and floor tiling. To get a trade specific cscs it says you need an nvq level 2.
Can I apply for a labour cscs and use that as a tiler?

I've worked on sites for over 7 years just not as a tiler. My previous cscs card was trade specific as a fire sprinkler engineer but expired 2 years ago when I re trained as a tiler.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Hi James ,
It's not just about sites , many contractors ask for a skills card these days too ( level 2 nvq minimum) . Some sites don't even use the scheme - Bloors for example - , but most do want to see your trade specific card. It may be possible to get on site with a labourers card if you were someones apprentice/labourer/ but thats probably it . You really need to do the nvq 2 test tbh.

Cheers

Diggy

Reaction score
Cheers Diggy much appreciated.
I will look into how I go about getting my level 2.
I'm self employed and have been tiling for 2 years so hopefully should be straight forward to do.

D

Dumbo

I now of tilers that work on site with labourers card . They only do site work and never any problems

M

MTiler

I often work on site and always have to show my card (Blue -skilled worker). Last year I also had to have the CITB safety awareness Cert too for some sites (which is a days course and that lasts 5 years). Large sites can be very strict.

D

Dumbo

I often work on site and always have to show my card (Blue -skilled worker). Last year I also had to have the CITB safety awareness Cert too for some sites (which is a days course and that lasts 5 years). Large sites can be very strict.
So do you get different certification other than people get by sitting a health and safety test using the touch screens which also lasts for five years .

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Cheers Diggy much appreciated.
I will look into how I go about getting my level 2.
I'm self employed and have been tiling for 2 years so hopefully should be straight forward to do.

If you're competent enough the test is reasonably straightforward.
I got the pic somewhere . Cost me £500 but also included the health and safety test at the same time. Takes about a morning to do by the time you've done the verbal Q&A bit as well.
I was miffed at the money but I needed it for site work so had no choice. Good laugh tho did it with a i guy I known for about 25yrs .
Got a pic somewhere.

Diggy

M

MTiler

So do you get different certification other than people get by sitting a health and safety test using the touch screens which also lasts for five years .

I have the CSCS blue card which lasts 5 years, plus the CITB Health and safety cert that lasts 5 years. To get the CITB cert you do a days course with a test at the end.

Reply to What cscs card do I need? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen