Search the forum,

Discuss wet room quick fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

danmonken

Hello every one.
I am doing some general maintenance and snagging work on a newly opened Hotel. most of this work is in the bathroom areas due to poor grouting. one particular room has a disabled bathroom with a wet room, the problem is that the shower area has not had the falls on then floor done properly, and as a result the water just bypasses the drain and heads straight for the door and into the hotel room.
The hotel management have asked me if there is a quick temporary solution to this, such as a low profile seal to dame the shower area, as the room has been let out for the next few weeks,
any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

W

wetdec

There is no quick fix, the floor needs removing along with the bottom layer of tiles and a former put in. The former will have falls already made in it. 2 Days work m8.

tiler

D

danmonken

Cheers
wetdec
i have told the hotel management this already but they are looking for a temporary solution for the next couple of weeks.
i am also lead to believe that the guy who did the work tanked the area and put in the former but he didn't envelope the 330x330 tiles down to the waste(that is not centred) so all the water just flows past.

W

wetdec

If you have a flat floor then the only way to make it run is to take it up and re lay it.

What former is it on now do we know

I

Impey UK

Hi,

if it's a disabled bathroom then quite often the shower area will have half-height shower doors that feature a rubber floor seal and that fold back out of the way when not in use. This would contain the water and could be considered an additional feature and improve the functionality of the disabled wetroom. Do a google search for half height shower doors - there are plenty of companies that offer them.

However, as wetdec said - the only 'real' course of action to solve the problem would be to take up the floor and lay the tiles/falls correctly.

W

wetdec

Hi,

if it's a disabled bathroom then quite often the shower area will have half-height shower doors that feature a rubber floor seal and that fold back out of the way when not in use. This would contain the water and could be considered an additional feature and improve the functionality of the disabled wetroom. Do a google search for half height shower doors - there are plenty of companies that offer them.

However, as wetdec said - the only 'real' course of action to solve the problem would be to take up the floor and lay the tiles/falls correctly.

Good point :thumbsup:

Reply to wet room quick fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen