Search the forum,

Discuss Wet and Wild... Then Blotchy! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely useless at materials/installation etc.

A professional tiler installed Padstow Cotton Tiles (Padstow Cotton Wall Tile - https://www.porcelainsuperstore.co.uk/products/padstow-cotton) in my new en-suite on plasterboard. - Plasterboard primed for prep, trade adhesive + Kerakoll grout.

The tiles were installed about 14 days before I used bathroom and then after the first lovely shower I had this morning the tiles went blotchy, looks a bit like bruising - pic attached for your pleasure. I haven't used any cleaning products on the tiles and the blotches only appear after it got wet and now, as it is drying, the blotches seem to lighten and disappear.

The tiles have not been sealed and have a crackle glaze. I am hoping someone is going to tell me that i've made a rookie error and that if I seal them properly all will be forgiven?! :/

Sx

Attachments

• Tiles.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 32

Reply to Wet and Wild... Then Blotchy! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen