Search the forum,

Discuss West Midlands Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

liam

Does anybody know of any West Midlands Tilers that take on trainee's.

I have sent emails galore to Tiling companies in the west midlands, and i havent finished yet, however, i wondwered through experience if anyone has or is training with a good company. if it helps i am looking to do a course from Chase to get some basics and am willing to pay the costs of future courses to get my foot in the door.

any help would be great as i seem to be getting no where fast at the minute.

thanks

Liam

G

Gazzer

None that I know of anymore, There are a few around here that take on subbies but its mainly splashback work and site work.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Same. It's tough enough for businesses to fund their main staff in the construction trades just recently. There have been signs of improvement this quarter apparently, homes being sold more, mortgages being granted more. Though on the flipside there's been quite a bit more DIY I think too.

Keep at it.

I think the best possible route to get in the trade about now would perhaps be; get your training, do friends and family to build up experience, start trying to network during the whole process with other trades, shops/suppliers and generally start to advertise locally. Keep contacting firms and keep updating them when you have more experience and generally just creep and go, creep and go. :)

Good luck mate.

D

david campbell

i would agree with dan also
or you could try and contact a member close by and see if they need a labourer for a day or 2,that way you will see what it's all about and get an idea if it's the right career for you

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, quite a few members recently have managed to bag a day or two with some top tilers around the country. Forgot to mention that, cheers David. :)

You could post a 'looking for experience in the west mids' thread in the main tiling forum perhaps to see if you get any takers?

D

DHTiling

Hi liam and good luck on your quest..

I will move your thread to the tiling forum as you have already posted a new comers thread in the New members say hi forum..

L

liam

everyone thanks for all the help and advice. i think i will try and get a basic course done then start looking for experience, so i can get something going, all advice still welcome

Cheers Liam

Reply to West Midlands Tilers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen