Search the forum,

Discuss weird recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Always ask where customers get my name from so I can thank whoever for passing me on. Today was a little old lady who told me 'Mary', told her to get me out to change her kitchen tap. 'I remember her 'I said, 'how is she'?
'She died last year', she replied!!!!

G

Gazzer

Always ask where customers get my name from so I can thank whoever for passing me on. Today was a little old lady who told me 'Mary', told her to get me out to change her kitchen tap. 'I remember her 'I said, 'how is she'?

But she only recommended you last week .....spooky

M

murf

Did it take that long to get round to her?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Such a sad story!!

R

Rob Z

Yikes! :yikes:

I had a weird one about 4 years ago. A guy called me and asked to do some work in his house that he was building. He told me that he had seen my website and the book that I had written about Setting Tile. He then said so-and-so had recommended me highly. I tried to tell him that #1. I don't have a website #2 I have never written a book, about tile or anything else and #3 I didn't know the person that supposedly had recommeded me.

This guy was one of those types that is "On Transmit " 100% of the time and didn't listen to a word I said. I met him at his house (a mansion!) and he made it clear that he wanted top quality work and was willing to pay for it. I eventually quit trying to convince him that I had no website or book to my credit. :smilewinkgrin: I kept my mouth shut and we did about $30,000 worth of work for him and he was thrilled, paid immediately, and off we went. Go figure.

F

faithhealer

nice one Rob, must have been some book lol

I like that phrase, 'on transmit', I know a couple of them!

Reply to weird recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen