Search the forum,

Discuss Weight limit on painted plasterboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

So you need to use adhesive even onto stud walls?
I assume you need to comb adhesive onto solid walls too rather than dot and dab ?

O

One Day

So you need to use adhesive even onto stud walls?
I assume you need to comb adhesive onto solid walls too rather than dot and dab ?
6mm on its own would be useless onto studs, but over boarding existing painted walls, it's effectively just facing the walls. I'd use a 6mm trowel just to prevent any dips and hollows.

F

Flintstone

Just been reading on wedi website, says 12mm board direct to studs.

this bit puzzled me..

Before installing wedi Building Panel over any gypsum containing product, a primer must be applied prior to application of thinset mortar which is used to attach the wedi to such drywall assembly. Fasteners may be set in some areas to temporarily attach the two boards and compress the thinset adhesive. Do not forget to seal such fastener points with wedi joint sealant.

F

Flintstone

It's suggesting you stick the board onto the wall with tile adhesive only, and you can use fasterners temporarily. I assume it means on to plaster

O

One Day

I've stuck Wedi and Kerdi onto blocks without backing up with fasteners, but on a skimmed wall or a render I was unsure of, I'd want fasteners in also!

F

Flintstone

That's what they are suggesting tho isn't it? Does it spread the weight of the tiles out, essentially making it like one large weight mass instead of individual tiles

O

Old Mod

It's suggesting you stick the board onto the wall with tile adhesive only, and you can use fasterners temporarily. I assume it means on to plaster
That's American Andy.
Things are done differently for all sorts of reasons.

F

Flintstone

How can something like that be so different ??
It does make sense, can some one find out ? Your a connected man Marc!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Weight limit on painted plasterboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen