Search the forum,

Discuss Waterproofing under screed? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

N

NZ_Tiler

12mm porcelain is probably 30kg m2 so one full tile ca.22kgm2.

No doubt you're back buttering... when trowelling your walls keep the notches parallel and running across the narrowest part of the tile, that way the air can escape easy and notches collapse.

Also use levelling clips. 1. They stop the tiles touching and chipping when you first lay them. Spacers are fiddly and fall out...

2. You get flush edges. Don't be tight, put a couple in, its a nuisance if one breaks and potentially have to pull a tile off to replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ozzy

12mm porcelain is probably 30kg m2 so one full tile ca.22kgm2.

No doubt you're back buttering... when trowelling your walls keep the notches parallel and running across the narrowest part of the tile, that way the air can escape easy and notches collapse.

Also use levelling clips. 1. They stop the tiles touching and chipping when you first lay them. Spacers are fiddly and fall out...

2. You get flush edges. Don't be tight, put a couple in, its a nuisance if one breaks and potentially have to pull a tile off to replace it.

Thanks, yeah I'm back buttering. The problem is finding things out here, going to look for one thing seems to take up half a day, it's driving me nuts. I would have no idea where to find levelling clips.

The plumbers decided to lay all the pipework in the bathroom I'm working in yesterday so I can't use the platform for the higher tiles. I'm being held up so much. They also have strange ways of doing things here, the window fitter said he wants me to tile before he fits the window (in one bathroom, the rest are fitted inside so the sill is on the outside), I rejected this though.

I'm off to Dubai tomorrow for a few days so they can get on and finish before I get back.

Reply to Waterproofing under screed? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen