Search the forum,

Discuss Waterproofing under screed? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

D

Drainage by Design

Probably off to Qatar on the 10th March

The pactice there is normally to use bitumen-based LAW (sometimes torch on, like rooing felt) and the screed is then laid to cover it up neatly before tiling. Sometime insulation is used under the screed. UFH not normal
Under-tile waterprofing is not always accepted as necessary.

K

Kevbos

In Sweden they use plaster board on the wet room floors then tank room all into one drain. All pipework is surface mounted mostly .so only weak point in wet room is the 1 drain. Yes plaster board. It breaks and flexes with there floors. It was a shock but it worked

D

Drainage by Design

Plasterboard - it breaks and flexes with their floors.

But is the substrate concrete slab or timber ?

K

Kevbos

Most houses out of cities are timber built and on top of rock that constantly moves .so they have to flex and move with ground movement and extremes of weather

O

Ozzy

Probably off to Qatar on the 10th March

The pactice there is normally to use bitumen-based LAW (sometimes torch on, like rooing felt) and the screed is then laid to cover it up neatly before tiling. Sometime insulation is used under the screed. UFH not normal
Under-tile waterprofing is not always accepted as necessary.

Yes they're doing exactly that now.

O

Ozzy

Sorry for the late reply everyone. I've been here 3 weeks on Sunday. Damn slow going as some work hasn't been finished, didn't have all the tools I needed either but it's full steam ahead now.
Regarding the screeding, I'm letting them get on with doing it the way they normally do, I don't want to be responsible for any problems.
I'm working in a half built house with no electric or plumbing and all the other workers are from India or pakistan. We communicate with sign language lol. There is no health and safety, I really should have taken a video of them trying to wire up my drill to the generator, hilarious!:tearsofjoy:
It's bloody awesome though!:smile:

O

Ozzy

Fixing some beauty's at the moment, 1.2m x 0.6m and 12mm thick porcelain. Wouldn't be too much of a problem but she wants them on her 3m high walls (platform on way)! I'm so happy that the solid walls are perfectly flat :sweat:. I swear they weigh more than me :confused2:. I'm using Keraflex Maxi S1. I haven't fixed these before but it seems to be going ok.

Can anyone tell me their fixing method for these so that I don't do it wrong and kill someone?

Reply to Waterproofing under screed? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen