Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

Old Mod

image.jpeg

C

Concrete guy

The sad irony of this whole referendum is it's probably been swayed more by the Murder of a Politician by a lunatic than by any constructive representation by either campaign.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The sad irony of this whole referendum is it's probably been swayed more by the Murder of a Politician by a lunatic than by any constructive representation by either campaign.
Sad but true. Anyone that's read my previous comments knows where I stand. Sadly the campaigns from both sides have been ones of scare tactics, mud slinging and hypotheticals.

M

martin9093

Yes ATS Diamond Tools,
I agree you only have to look at the loan the EU made to Ford €70 million to build its new Transit plant in Turkey that's not yet in the EU which led to the loss of 1500 jobs in the UK at both Southampton (previous home of the Transit) and Dagenham plants. Why would the EU lend money and want to create jobs in Turkey if it wasn't expecting them to join shortly? The EU is one failing berocratic nightmare we are paying for without them giving any mind to us. You only have to look at the UK fisheries policy and see how the UK and the poor in Africa have suffered from their interference. Look at Cadbury's closing their factory in Bristol to open in Poland? Firms in the UK like BT who it seems to have a lower rate contract for predominantly their new imigrant workers against those already working for BT, yet have said to their workers they need to vote to Stay In otherwise it might cause vulnerability to their jobs. The vulnerability to British jobs is if we stay in, whilst BT and others make larger profits on the back of cheaper labour from abroad at the expense of British jobs, plus we then have to pay out of our taxes for these same immigrants housing, schooling, family allowance and whatever else they need. Saying this I believe we are happy with and welcome those migrants who have already come to our shores for work but there has to be a limit to the amount we can sustain and support, and then perhaps allow us to afford a much greater degree of sanctuary to the war torn, destitute and down trodden migrants from other parts of the world when we reduce migration from the EU.

Also look at YouTube and see how Norway was threatened before it rejected the EU, and went on to build a thriving economy with low unemployment and keep their democracy. Well done to them, now it's our turn to believe in ourselves and look at firms like JLR Jaguar, Land Rover now our biggest car builders with over half a million cars built each year in the uk, JCB who say we should leave the EU and Sainsbury's who will do very nicely if the EU do start putting tariffs on British exports which shall cause Aldi and Lidl's to put up prices in the UK to the benefit of British based supermarkets, as will all uk industry benefit if foreign imports do ever go up. thats why the EU cannot afford to put tariffs on our imports as their exports to us which are in most cases double what we send to them will suffer as a result.

We all have to believe in our country and go forward with confidencea. Have a great day.

J

Just Rizzle

just been reading an interesting article in the Express if we leave we will start a domino effect which could result in a new eu or as it mite be called the Nordic trading block which could involve Norway Sweden Finland Denmark Iceland and Holland and be based on the original common market principles before the mastrict treaty came about . some of the richest countries in Europe ide vote for that

J

Just Rizzle

This is what it's all about, the greater good! The UK punches well above it's weight in so many ways and is a world leader in research. British uni's receive massive grants towards research because 1 our academics are world leaders and 2 because of our standing as one of the big 3 nations of the EU. Withdraw from the EU and that money goes to France or Germany. Imo the biggest issues those voting exit have are our own government created and not EU created.
with our own money we wouldn't need the EU WE GIVE AND GET A PITTENCE BACK. WE COULD FUND THE UNIES AND NHS quite easily . don't you get it the EU is a dead parrott it only survives because its legs are nailed to the perch

J

Just Rizzle

No sitting on the fence from this guy.. View attachment 82291
but your supporting the German economy is that a merc your driving.
the ford transit that used to be built in Southampton is now built in the next eu member Turkey why else did they get a EU grant to build there plant there. PUTTING BRITISH JOBS IN THE BIN
watched Cameron last night. lying through his teeth. I could tell he was telling fibs his lips were moving:)

J

Just Rizzle

I bet they all claim there roses on there poxie expenses 650 x 5 plus travel etc expensive tribute for the taxpayer. because of some nutter. who I hope never sees daylight again at the tax payers expense

S

Spare Tool

but your supporting the German economy is that a merc your driving.
the ford transit that used to be built in Southampton is now built in the next eu member Turkey why else did they get a EU grant to build there plant there. PUTTING BRITISH JOBS IN THE BIN
watched Cameron last night. lying through his teeth. I could tell he was telling fibs his lips were moving:)
Not my van Raymondo, just drove past it on way home in my FRENCH van :) I watched Cameron last night, bowt as convincing as England playing tonight :|
Still swayed though :(

C

Concrete guy

just been reading an interesting article in the Express if we leave we will start a domino effect which could result in a new eu or as it mite be called the Nordic trading block which could involve Norway Sweden Finland Denmark Iceland and Holland and be based on the original common market principles before the mastrict treaty came about . some of the richest countries in Europe ide vote for that

Makes an interesting read, particularly as it's impartial from much of the nonsense being spouted at present here:-

'Brexit EARTHQUAKE': EU fatcats' fears as Swedish MEP suggests 'UK-Nordic trading bloc'

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1466463452777.jpg
FB_IMG_1466463440590.jpg
FB_IMG_1466463452777.jpg
FB_IMG_1466463440590.jpg
The Express! Next we'll be onto a thought provoking piece in The S*n or an insightful article in The Daily Hate Mail ;-)

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
Cameron says that Turkey will not join till about the year 3000, but just as the EU changed from each country having a veto, to majority voting, so it will change from each country being able to veto a new member joining (as Cyprus will always do to Turkey) to a majority consensus that doesn't require the Turkey to adhere to all of the 35 chapters for entry. Turkey will soon force it's entry in exchange for controlling the Syrian migrants.

Even without that, removing visa restrictions to 1.5M Turks will create problems, as they will be able to travel here and either get a job, or claim asylum.

Even if we don't leave, and I suspect we won't, Greece may well be the next one, and then Portugal, Italy, and oddly enough, France and Germany. Angela Merkel will be vilified in years to come as the person that changed the face of Europe by encouraging mass migration; as will Cameron and Osbourne for the things they've got up to.

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks