Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

So my Victorian pathway should have been completed over 5 weeks ago!
The job started literally 5 weeks back but it has been stop start due to the tiler only working in dry conditions and above 5c (he has also not attended twice due to an accident on his thumb and a funeral).

Anyhow the main issue which has caused at least 5 days extra work has been down to, according to our tiler, someone stepping on the pathway.
We live in a terraced house and yes there had been a couple of cases where the post man stepped into the pathway and supposedly someone else stepped onto it.

Surely he should be able to board it up or provide a way that no one can accidentally step on the pathway!?
The only entrance to and from the house is via the pathway however once you enter the front part of the path way there is room on the left of the path way to skip the remainder of the pathway until around 2feet from the door.

Any suggestions I can give my tiler on how to protect the pathway while it is being tiled?

Thanks

View attachment 81549
There's no way the guy doing that is a full time professional tiler, handy man chancing his arm at best

O

One Day

iWKad22.jpg

C

Chris101

Here are a few more pics.
Just realised there are 2 tiles in the path that are sticking out by 2-3mm!
He did mentioned some tiles are uneven so naturally not all will be compeltley flush but 2-3mm is allot!

20160512_222931.jpg 20160512_222924.jpg 20160512_222920.jpg 20160512_222900.jpg

C

Chris101

I have just taken more pics at the best angles possible so you can see what the tiler meant by uneven tiles. Should I expect it fully flush or is it very difficult to get them completely flush?

20160512_223906.jpg 20160512_223904.jpg 20160512_223838.jpg 20160512_223806.jpg 20160512_223730.jpg 20160512_223726.jpg 20160512_223722.jpg

O

One Day

The tiles are 100% NOT uneven. He clearly has no experience with geometrics and has no right to describe himself as a tiler. I've seen better from handymen and builders.
Sorry but that is a terrible mess of a job.

T

Time's Ran Out

After all your previous posts trying to prepare for a good job it must be disappointing to be in this situation.
I would assume you checked his portfolio prior to contracting this 'tiler' but this is work well outside his skill set. Basic mistakes are evident in the setting out, and the border is a complete mess.
Not sure if anything can be salvaged from where it is at present, but it's never going to look a professional job.

S

Spare Tool

And it would have been so easy to pull a mix of Ardex K301 down the path with a level...bloody shame :(

Reply to Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen