Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris101

So my Victorian pathway should have been completed over 5 weeks ago!
The job started literally 5 weeks back but it has been stop start due to the tiler only working in dry conditions and above 5c (he has also not attended twice due to an accident on his thumb and a funeral).

Anyhow the main issue which has caused at least 5 days extra work has been down to, according to our tiler, someone stepping on the pathway.
We live in a terraced house and yes there had been a couple of cases where the post man stepped into the pathway and supposedly someone else stepped onto it.

Surely he should be able to board it up or provide a way that no one can accidentally step on the pathway!?
The only entrance to and from the house is via the pathway however once you enter the front part of the path way there is room on the left of the path way to skip the remainder of the pathway until around 2feet from the door.

Any suggestions I can give my tiler on how to protect the pathway while it is being tiled?

Thanks

IMG-20160505-WA0008.jpg

O

Old Mod

If there is a way, people will stand on a wet floor.
Doesn't matter how many barricades u erect, people still ignore it.
Its wet paint syndrome.
The only way to protect your floor is to build a bridge across it,
Or by using these.
image.png

Kwik Split Tilers Shoes

The only other advice is give is, but a sponge! :rolleyes:
Floors a mess! :)

T

Time's Ran Out

The whole job is only 3 days work to tile maximum.
It doesn't look like he's having much fun with it, the bit of border is premature and although a poor picture, it looks a bit wonky.
Hope it turns out better than it looks just now.

O

Old Mod

The whole job is only 3 days work to tile maximum.
It doesn't look like he's having much fun with it, the bit of border is premature and although a poor picture, it looks a bit wonky.
Hope it turns out better than it looks just now.
If u click image john. It should take u to original.

T

Time's Ran Out

Original what?
Just a bigger picture of a cr*p job.
But perhaps I'am missing something.

Reply to Victorian Pathway Problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen