Discuss Van security in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
As above, it's all over Facebook and the news about vans and tools being nicked. I've put this in the arms so hopefully the only people reading it won't be scum thieving dick heads and it may benefit some of us.
I got put onto these things by someone who has been done over, they are stand alone PIR sensors, battery operated and loud, especially in the dead of night. I have one on each door in the rear of the van, the thieving scumshits have universal key fobs that disable the van alarm thats why they get away with it.

Defender PIR Alarm & Key Fob - Toolstation - http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p91428?table=no

Any tips from anyone else??

O

Old Mod

Retro fit deadlocks have to be a consideration don't they?
I know they're not the cheapest, but got to be cheaper than losing all your kit and increased insurance policies, and you only buy them once. Insurance is renewable.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Retro fit deadlocks have to be a consideration don't they?
I know they're not the cheapest, but got to be cheaper than losing all your kit and increased insurance policies, and you only buy them once. Insurance is renewable.
I thought about those, only problem is if the side loading door gets folded down from the top. I just went on the theory of noise would hopefully make them scarper.

O

Old Mod

I thought about those, only problem is if the side loading door gets folded down from the top. I just went on the theory of noise would hopefully make them scarper.
No, totaly agree Paul, scare the life out of them! Works for me, esp if they're not expecting it.
Obviously the problem gets a little more complicated if you can't park outside your door.
All you can do in reality is implement as many deterants as you can, because ultimately if they want in, they're in. But if your motor looks twice as hard to get in to as the one next to it, then you'd hope it'd be safer. Not that I'd wish that on anyone else; but if we're being honest, rather them than us.
Sorry it's just true.
A bit like a group of people being chased by a man eating Grizzly Bear, as long as you can run quicker than the slowest person, chances are, you're safe! Haha

Q

Qwerty

Try this.....

MA101.jpg
AM215.jpg

Blank shotgun cartridge poachers trap. Basically wire it up inside your van so it fires a blank cartridge when a thieving pond life tries nicking your gear in the middle of the night. They work and alerts people instantly! My mate has one in his barn where he stores farm machinery. It's been activated twice, but nothing get stolen whereas they ignored the alarm he used to have in there.

Q

Qwerty

I like that. Do you need a license to buy that sort of kit?

No. It's a black powder blank available from most gunsmiths and online hunting sites. Traps widely available on online auction sites & online shops. Admittedly at ultra close range it could harm, but so can fireworks!

Reply to Van security in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay