Search the forum,

Discuss Van interior set up. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kimboslash

Quick question as I will be purchasing a new van soon - how does everyone organise their tools and materials inside?

I have seen a couple of vans racked out so everything has its place so its much easier keep them clean and tidy, on the other hand i also know tilers who just have one large space and sling everything in the back on top of each other (including tile trims!)

Any pics of examples or ideas would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

S

Spare Tool

P1010210.jpg P1010213.jpg P1010215.jpg
Used to have an astra that was a mare climbing in and over gear to get to stuff at the back end of the van so when I got my new van last year wanted to get it organised. Me n my mate spent an afternoon building shelves out of 18mm ply and two dining table legs, all the shelves were built in width and height so certain tools ie, wetsaw, washboy fitted just right so there not sliding all over the place..BUT its all very well utilising every nook and crany for your tools, the only drawback is I aint got much room for materials any more.

M

mike1979

I don't bother with racking or anything I feel it creates less space I only have a trowel stand and leave most of my kit in the shed and only stick in the van what I need

M

Mr Tiler

I don't bother with racking or anything I feel it creates less space I only have a trowel stand and leave most of my kit in the shed and only stick in the van what I need
thats how i would have it but the way i work i could need anything so have to have it all on the van

I

Ian

I'm having a bit of a reshuffle with my racking at the moment, I've bought a couple of new tools recently so it needed a bit of modification!

M

Mr Tiler

I'm having a bit of a reshuffle with my racking at the moment, I've bought a couple of new tools recently so it needed a bit of modification!
how do you stack your levels bri? recent bent mine cuz the generator crushed it lol

C

Clydesider

I saw a post a while ago where someone fitted a magnetic strip inside the van, and just stuck all his trowels to that, face first. Ive gat a cheap set of plastic drawers on castors that fits well inside my side sliding door ( ford connect ); meaning its great to take out or move when I have to get a sheet of plasterboard or ply in.

W

White Room

Van 1.jpg Van 2.jpg Made a few changes since these pictures but the racking is from Argos which is a cheap shelving which is a clip together.

Seems alot emptier than it does now.

T

Taylormade

Got that much gear it would not fit in a bus never mind a van! Take with me what I need for each job.

Reply to Van interior set up. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen