Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss URGENT !! WTF tiles turning grey when applying grout??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

Just done the first section of grouting shower. Appears a grey border forming around the tile??? Think I'm going to remove the grout, its waaay darker than expected. I've got a bag of white to use. Any advice, the tiles are metros, can't be that bad and absorb that quick? Will post a photo.

grout 3000 natural grey. Going off very fast.

any advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Removed the grout and cleaned out. Looks like grey bleeding into tile, bizarre and I'm not too happy about it.

I've got a bag of white Grout 3000 here, so long as I give it a few days for any remaining grout to cure, can I use the white? I grouted about an 8th of the overall area.

Reaction score
I had the same when applying white grout to really cheap white ceramic tiles, its almost of the tile was sucking in the moisture around the edges. I did make the grout a tad wet mind you so it might of been that or at least contributed to it.

Reaction score
I had the same when applying white grout to really cheap white ceramic tiles, its almost of the tile was sucking in the moisture around the edges. I did make the grout a tad wet mind you so it might of been that or at least contributed to it.

Thanks. Yep, they were pretty cheap from CTD. The grout was pretty dry to be honest, mixed to instructions and at 20 degrees in the bathroom. Even then it was going off super quick.
I’ve removed all the grout and cleaned out the joints, You reckon I can just crack on with the white grout and leave the cleaned out area till last?

Reaction score
No doubt I will:eek:

I'm guessing I likely panicked and it was a little moisture that would have dried out, but I wasn't to know!

The grout 3000 was a pain, started drying after a very short time. I'm going to use the Fugabella colour and promise my wife that I'll never tile again!

Reply to URGENT !! WTF tiles turning grey when applying grout??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks