Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss untidy sites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

I went to a commercial job that today to finish off some work in the toilets after the cubicles had been fitted to tile some upstand/skirtings when the toilets were tiled we loosely laid floor protection down as a favour to the site agent this is what greeted me . how would you have reacted ?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Prem Tiler

painters! they are my fav. sit around all day 'waiting for paint to dry then make a mess of every one else's work. but if you make so much as a finger mark on there gloss work! theres the 1st to moan the the site agent!

S

Spud

No Dave ,I cleaned up , took photos before and after and will be sending the builder a bill

S

Spud

here is how they were left it when we finished

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
No Dave ,I cleaned up , took photos before and after and will be sending the builder a bill

well done mate builders, are quick enough to try counter charge the trades when the sites get in a mess, or carry on when finished work gets damaged and try get it fixed for free as it has not been signed off

P

Polished

well done Gary for turning the other cheek on this and taking pride in your work - raises an interesting point of doing "before and afters" on jobs.

D

doug boardley

pees me off, altho' i normally struggle with sparks and plumbers leaving a mess. Well done for cleaning it up, even better for billing for doing so!:yes:

M

medlar

nice work Gary mate,its people like that who boil my pee,they have no regard for anyone elses work.

Jimmy

L

Leatherface

Usual case mate
other trades and many site managers just do not care.
I have previously done large floors on site and come back after weekend to find that the joiners have had their chop saws out leaving sawdust in grout lines and electricians have left bits of wire in them as well. Neither cleaned up.
As well, just started a job after christmas, was told I needed my CSCS CARD as the site required this. Luckily I have it.
Turned up first day and ...............
Everyone in trainers,
NO one in high vis vests,
Joiners with 240 volt tools,
Plasterers and painters up high ladders working
Rubbish everywhere, no site induction.

Why did I even bother getting my card ?

B

bigandy

Gary are you free at any time? My house is a mess! well you know what it is like in your own home,your not getting paid so why bother?:huh2:

B

BAILEY Tiling

its a pain in the , whatever site i have worked on i have always had to clean up after every tom dick and harry before i can start my own work. Unfortunatly all previous trades see us tilers as finishers (to hide there mistakes) and cleaners. I always carry a daywork sheet if working on a site and get the site manager to sign off an hours day wk for time taken cleaning up....or job does not get done.

Reply to untidy sites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks