Search the forum,

Discuss Uneven tiling at ceiling coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sibelius

Hello, just registered to try and get a professional opinion on a solution to my tiling problem.

Basically my dad, (who is a carpetfitter/floorlayer) tiled my bathroom last year, and to put it bluntly he made a complete mess of it, and has left uneven gaps of up to an inch from the ceiling coving.

I am putting my flat on the market shortly, and need a solution to try and fix this without ripping out all the tiles and starting again (I can't afford to).

I have read that you can get tile trims that can go on the top tile up to the ceiling to cover up these gaps, and I believe that would be the best solution. Can this be done where there is a coving present, and what type of trim is required for this.

Needless to say, this is the last time I will get an unqualified person to do anything for me, and I plan to get a professional to do any future work I might require.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hello,do you have any spare tiles or can you still get that type of tile? if so isnt it an option to get a pro to remove the top row and finish it properly?

do you have any pics we can see as to advise you better

S

Sibelius

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to post some pics tonight (you will be horrified!!)

Unfortunately due to circumstance I cannot afford the outlay for professional repair until after the sale of my property, at which point there will be no need for it.

Obviously I need the flat to look as good as possible for valuation & viewings though, and I am just trying to find a cost effective way of doing so.

As I said earlier I have found a thread on another site that suggests a trim as a solution. I have posted links to the thread and a supplier's website page that is given within the thread. I am just unsure which type of trim I require for my problem, my guess is that it would be the trim second from the left on the original pic on the supplier's page. Apologies if this is against forum rules. Please remove if necessary.

Overboarding existing bathroom plasterboard ceiling. - DIYnot.com - DIY and Home Improvement

http://www.livsupplies.co.uk/product_desc3.php?id=141

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

What about a piece of quadrant in timber or plastic? Mitre the corners, fill with chaulk and its covered.
it will only cost you a few quid to do that.

:thumbsup:

S

Scott

You can get them from Wickes or any window firm, either quadrant, cloaking profile or 'd' moulding. As mentioned caulk them to the coving and silicone to the tiles.

Reply to Uneven tiling at ceiling coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen