Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just had a scare that a tile had cracked on a 30m porcelain floor that i laid about a month ago... panic over, it was just something stuck to the surface (glue I think) anyway I then thought about it... would it be a nightmare removing a tile 600 x 600 from an uncoupling membrane (durabase) what would be the best way without lifting the membrane?
Thanks in advance.

J

J Sid

Rake out grout joint and hit in the middle of the tile with a hammer and work out to the edges

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly need a Fein Multimaster or something similar with a rasp head on it to get the adhesive back down to the membrane.

Basically, like this video, but don't drill. Just whack it with a hammer.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Rake out grout joint and hit in the middle of the tile with a hammer and work out to the edges
This.
Had to do one the other week, a chipped one had appeared :(
I racked out the grout,smacked it with a hammer in the middle and got it out that way .
Luckily I only put a dab in each corner and one int middle, so it was easy ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This.
Had to do one the other week, a chipped one had appeared :(
I racked out the grout,smacked it with a hammer in the middle and got it out that way .
Luckily I only put a dab in each corner and one int middle, so it was easy ;)
Just for the record. Don't do that. He's joking lol. You need 100% coverage on the tile on floors, else you will get more cracks than a Spearmint Rhinos.

H

hmtiling

When I've had to replace a tile on durabase/ditra I've done as above but gone down to the substrate and replaced the membrane too.

O

One Day

I try and cut through the grout line and through the ditra to the sub floor. Usually knackers a few blades in the process. Then it's a lot easier smashing and tearing it up.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I leave it up to the green badge guys to give advice , I'm just here for the craic, and to make friends , as I have none :(

Reply to Uncoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen