Search the forum,

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

funkymaggot

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

I finished my tiling course at NETT a couple of weeks ago (currently doing the plastering course).

I would recommend the course at NETT to anyone who wants to learn how to tile, whether it is for DIY or with a view to setting up your own business.

The course is well structured, well ran and packed full of information. Although there is a lot to take in over a relatively small space of time, the way the course is structured (listen, watch then do) means the information sinks in without you even realising it. I did the 9 day course (4 day tiling, 1 day Natural Stone and 4 day advanced) which has definately given me the confidence to get out there and get on with it.

I have also completed the Plumbing course that NETT offers and am currently in the process of completing the Plastering course. These courses are structured in exactly the same way and give you all of the information and confidence you need to be able to make a living from any or all of the.

I would like to give a big thanks to Darren and Tracey (and also Mick, Alex and Derek) for all of their help over the last few weeks, and hopefully giving my life a complete change of direction - from sitting on a production line in a factory to doing something a bit more enjoyable!!

Mick.

S

sambilly

Go for it Mick, i did a couple of years ago and never looked back......

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback, nice to here you still are doing well after a couple of years

T

Triffid

These guys are brilliant, I have mentioned them in other responses. I did the 4 day tiling and 1 day natural stone course and the 5 day plastering and coving course. Gave me enough confidence to set up myself but I will be going back at somethime to do some more and the bathroom installation course too.

I start my first (paid) job (plastering) on Monday :0 :)

Oh, also ordered a load of tools from them late Tuesday and they arrived yesterday afternoon!! :)

Many thanks guys, hope to see you all again in the not too distant future.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks Glyn, best of luck with the plastering job, you have my personal email just in case you need anything, let us know how you get on
Regards
Darren

B

bignose

I did the 4 day tiling and the 1 day natural stone in August 2008. I've been tiling on a part time basis ever since earning reasonable money and enjoying it (almost) all of the time.

The finding of work is usually an issue and I have tried most of the methods mentioned on these boards. Local paper advertising is expensive and not terribly productive but IMO probably necessary to get your name known (marketing). Since I'm not full time a sign written van isnt financially viable. The best sources of work are definately reccomendations from existing customers and other trades. I have a friendly kitchen fitter but have fallen out with a plumber so need to recruit another !

The NETT course will give you a thorough grounding but be realistic about your goals early on as some jobs won't be for you and a good reputation will take a while. There will be times when a job takes longer than you thought but just bite the bullet and get it right, it will pay you in the end.

The main reason for this post is to give an example of the type of work you can do after Darrens brilliant course and a little experience..............

I got a call after being reccomended by my kitchen fitter mate and visited the customer. He had a bathroom to complete and the original tiler that quoted hadnt turned up and wouldnt answer his phone. Dolphin had quoted £38k for the complete job !!!! but he had fitted the room out himself with quality fittings re boarded the walls himself, tanked the wetroom area etc etc..

So I quoted to........ Supply and fit 40 sq mtrs of 9mm thick porcelain tiles to the walls and floors. Supply approx 30 linear metres of chromed trims and all adhesives and anti bacterial grout and silicone. There was UFH but that was supposed to be down when I arrived (it wasn't and I did it). There were 20 x 20mm holes to cut and 30 pieces of the chrome trim to fit.

Anyway the job was completed, much to the customers delight and he even paid me extra without me asking. My point (finally) is that you CAN reach this standard but don't run before you learn to walk this really should not be your first job. Good luck.

A

Abc77

just to say i did the 9 day tiling course at NETT aswell as the 5 day plastering and plumbing courses and they were all excellent, very well structured and easy to understand and pick up, all the tutors and staff are very friendly and know their stuff. I would recommend NETT to anybody looking to do a tiling , plastering and/or plumbing course. Darren and all his team at NETT are great and they all make the courses and NETT what it is :thumbsup:

LeRoy

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mart08

Completed the plumbing coarse nearly 2 weeks ago and only wish i'd done it sooner, the team at NETT are all really friendly and the knowledge i came away with was brilliant. The coarse has already paid for itself in the extra work i've now completed and have i've already got one of my mates interested in doing the coarse too. Thanks again Darren for the extra info and to Tracy and Colin. Another happy customer.

L

lee1383

Hi everyone, just finished the 9 day course at NETT and really enjoyed it.The course is well organised and professionally run with no time wasted and i would highly recomend it to anyone wishing to train up as a tiler.In the first week there is a lot of info to take in but everthing is backed up with printed notes so you can go over it as many times as you need and Darren is always happy to answer any questions you may have.As well as learning about all the various types of tiles and adhesives etc Darren also gives loads of advise on starting up on your own and how to run a successful business.I've attached some pics of my own handy work to give you an idea of some of the work on the course and i'd just like to say thanks to Darren n Tracey for all their help and advice.

Attachments

• Image0276.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Image0289.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Image0284.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 115

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi LEE
Thanks for the words, must say you work was excellent, just shows what standard can be achieved in a couple of weeks, did you take a photo of the victorian / geometric tiling you done
Regards
Darren

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen