Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Running cost difference with 6mm verses 10mm insulation board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JimboD

Yes, good point.

5. Use of cement faced board increases safe wattage that can be applied to a wooden floor.

Thanks everyone!

J

JimboD

Does anyone know of a Marmox 6mm supplier in Hampshire/Surrey (nr Farnham)? I dont fancy the 150 mile trip over to Ipswich (sorry Keith) and need the boards this w/e

C

Colour Republic

HTW (Hampshire Tile Warehouse AKA The tile source) used to do them but not sure if they moved over to Obrey boards now?

Does it have to be Marmox?

U

Uheat - Keith

I only have list of Stockists for East Anglia.
try the 'Marmox' web page. which is dot com.
Directory.

Warm regards.

J

JimboD

HTW (Hampshire Tile Warehouse AKA The tile source) used to do them but not sure if they moved over to Obrey boards now?

Does it have to be Marmox?

Funnily enough I did a google search and found a company by complete chance called The Tile Fix which had some in stock and are 15mins away and had a fair price. It turns out it's the same location as Tile Source. Not sure if it's one and the same but they seem to be aligned. Perhaps Source is the showroom side and Fix the materials side? Anyway, all sorted. Cheers!

J

jonnyc

well i think that some insulation is better than nothing and the thicker you can use the better.
i always use 12.5 mm contractor over timber substrate if i can.
but more importantly you need to think that an insulation board must be better than ditra mat over plywood which would let all heat through .
both ditra and dukkaboard or similar act as a separating membrane between tile and timber substrate.

T

Time's Ran Out

Johnny - Are you suggesting that an insulation board does the uncoupling that Ditra does!

Reply to UFH Running cost difference with 6mm verses 10mm insulation board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen