Search the forum,

Discuss Ufh repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I was chasing out a channel in the slc today & nicked the ufh cable, [emoji35]
I forgot to put the sensor cable in for thermometer (done this before) & marked out the loops on the mat & still managed to nick the side of it.
Anyone done this before?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not nicked a cable......but yesterday laid insulation panels, UFH & then self levelled. Never had enough self level compound........I thought it was going to be tight.........a few cables had lifted and poking up............had to scratch out, and push back a few cables.

Message to self for next job.......get more self level, just in case.

S

Stef

Not nicked a cable......but yesterday laid insulation panels, UFH & then self levelled. Never had enough self level compound........I thought it was going to be tight.........a few cables had lifted and poking up............had to scratch out, and push back a few cables.

Message to self for next job.......get more self level, just in case.

Ha, I had too much, had to pour about a quarter bucket into a couple of old bags of adhesive..

S

Stef

Got the heat mat fixed today, after testing it to make sure it was fine I repaired it with adhesive lined shrink tubing.

S

Stef

So where did you get said repair tubing from.

Eventually tracked it down to a Maplin store.
I had tried 8 or 9 different shops in Kilmarnock from electrical stores to car stores & then got tubing from the Maplin store in Ayr.
I had to slit the tubing to go round the wire & held it in place with long nose pliers till it set then got my glue gun & completely covered the repair so I had no moisture ingress.

S

Stef

Wonder if heat shrink tubing would do the job? Heat with *** lighter. :smilewinkgrin:

It was heat shrink tubing I used m8 but it had to be adhesive lined to keep the moisture out.
I used my heat gun to melt it & crimped it with my pliers.

T

TJ Smiler

Did you get any photos as you were repairing mate, never even knew UH could be repaired. Good post :thumbsup:

Reply to Ufh repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen