Search the forum,

Discuss Trowels - single hang or double hang in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ger

TF
Reaction score
I am not a pro-tiler so could I ask if there are technical advantages of one over the other in use or longevity, or is it down to personal preference or cost.

T

TilingLogistics

I am not a pro-tiler so could I ask if there are technical advantages of one over the other in use or longevity, or is it down to personal preference or cost.

Sorry! What do you mean? Exactly

Kev

Ger

TF
Reaction score
The hang being the neck that fixes the handle to the trowel
Single hang has on the top
Double hang has one at each end and the grip the handle in between

T

TilingLogistics

You mean open or closed handle! It is really personal preference whatever you prefer I think. I have a couple of each:thumbsup: Although I might add the open handle is easier to hang on your addy bucket, trousers or wherever:lol:

Kev

G

GazTech

Thanks for that, as far as I'm aware their can't be much of a reason for it. It's possibly for strength, larger trowels tend to need more pressure on application......I do have a double hang trowel with removable adhesive notch blade, so there can also be a practical reason.....Gaz.

Reply to Trowels - single hang or double hang in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Manufacturer specified 3mm bed for these large format (2.4x1.2m) tiles, and that's what the...
Replies
Views
I have a laminate flooring that is 12 mm to a down stairs toilet having to put new tiles down...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the tiling scene. As a camp ranger I take care of a property in Massachusetts...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen