Search the forum,

Discuss Trowels & Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Hi Guys, I'm fitting some large tiles. The wall tiles are 33cm x 100cm. Am I right in thinking a 6mm square notched trowel will be ok for these? The floor tiles are 44cm x 66cm (porcelain) and I was thinking 10mm round notched trowel. Also, wasn't sure whether to go with butech adhesive or toppfix. I'll be using bagged adhesive for walls and floors due to tile size etc. Has anyone got any other tips or suggestions?

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Two walls are plaster, the other two are plasterboard. The floor is currently chipboard but I'll be putting down 9mm ply on top and screwing down at 10-15cm intervals. I know that 9mm isn't ideal but the customer doesn't want too much of a step into the bathroom. Actually, just realised the shower wall will be 12.5mm backer board.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hello,i would be using a larger trowel than a 6mm for those tiles mate
20 kilos per sq metre is for plaster skim mate not plasterboard best thing to do is check weight on side of box especially with metre long tiles

if you dont want a step in the room if the floor is solid you can fix a 6mm cement board this is a better solution than 9mm ply

good luck

Reply to Trowels & Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.