Search the forum,

Discuss Trowel size for 10mm thick stone mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Have a question that's been driving me crazy looking tirelessly online without any solution.

Basically, I'm laying 10mm thick stone mosaics over a wetroom floor. The drain is fixed into the tray so there is no depth adjustment there to align with the tiles. So I need a total height of 14-15mm to match the fixed drain height, so was hoping that using 10mm mosaics would allow me to only use 4mm of adhesive bed.

The problem though, which trowel do I use to guarantee 4mm of bed once the mosaic sheets are pushed into the adhesive? Everywhere I've searched they generally always recommend a 3-4mm notched trowel for mosaics but there's nothing specific to my situation where I need a little more to increase the height.

Any ideas would greatly help

Reaction score

Reply to Trowel size for 10mm thick stone mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen