Search the forum,

Discuss Travertine Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WillCalderwood

We've got a travertine floor, and a couple of holes have appeared where the surface has pushed through into a void underneath. Also, one fine crack. I've been looking into repair options, and Tenax Travertine Filler seems to be the recommended brand, I can't seem to find anyone who stocks it though. Please can someone point me in the right direction, or recommend an alternative.

On a separate note - a massive thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and advice given when we were doing the work. This was definitely the most helpful forum I came across, and I asked many questions on many forums over 9 months of building work! Pic attached - we're really pleased with it.

IMG_3208.jpg

W

WillCalderwood

I tried ebay, but the only Texax is in the US and says it can't be posted to the UK. Do you have an alternative brand you'd recommend?

T

Time's Ran Out

Tenax is good stuff but although filled it will still look like a crack!
Better option may be to remove said tile, find reason for the crack and replace with a new one.
Will work for small holes.

On a positive note - I like your colour combination in the photo. Always like the natural feel to wood and travertine and your use of the black and white ( Newcastle United) works well to give a bit of punch, not a headbutt but punch!
Job well done.

G

Gazzer

Tenax is good stuff but although filled it will still look like a crack!
Better option may be to remove said tile, find reason for the crack and replace with a new one.
Will work for small holes.

On a positive note - I like your colour combination in the photo. Always like the natural feel to wood and travertine and your use of the black and white ( Newcastle United) works well to give a bit of punch, not a headbutt but punch!
Job well done.

100% with you there TJ :thumbsup:

Reply to Travertine Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen